OK, So I'm on a posting roll again. I post too much and don't visit everyone enough though. I'll try to do better. I know some of you don't have DSL or Cable Internet so it may take a while to load the videos. Sorry about that. It was so warm today here in lower NY State. We usually would have a foot of snow on the ground by now. We haven't even had flurries yet and today it was 70 degrees. I'll admit, it was great but I would not mind some snow. Today was so windy on the lake. There were many whitecaps and whenever I paused paddling to film or take a snapshot, I lost a lot of ground and the kayak was turned sideways. I actually went out with the intention of salvaging a rowing skull that I've seen sunken in the lake. The only problem is that the friggin thing is about 22-24 feet long and it's also water logged. There was no way I could have towed it using the kayak. So much for that idea...
I hope everyone's 2007 is off to a great start, mine is...
6 comments:
Happy to hear your 2007 is off to a great start!
I left a very short comment at your friend Nina's blog yesterday -- but like you mention about trouble visiting others blogs, sometimes it's difficult to have anything to say off one's own blog...
Wish I had a faster connection to view your videos (but you already know that)!
Dude, I could so beat you in a Kayak race. Did you know that I was a white water canoeist when I was in high school? I can read a river like a NY Times book reviewer can read a book.
Well, back to "my" homework. My daughter has a revolutionary war journal entry due, and she decided to write about Benedict Arnold.
I think he had a persection complex.
Teachers should never assign big projects over christmas break.
What assholes. I refuse to let my kids do homework over holidays.
Thanks Wildside, sometimes it does get hard to think of things to say.
Hi Paula, I would so smoke you in a kayak race...
What a meanie teacher :-(
It's unseasonally warm 10'C (50'F)over here too; what's going on?
Omigod, and I thought it was warm here!
Except, now it's not. And there is a wee bit of snow on the ground.
YEA!
Dogga, it is very unusual to have it this warm. This is the first time since they've been keeping records that we have not had snow yet this season.
Paula, I was also playing the guitar while I was kayaking.
~sort of...
Hi Sarah, it was incredibly warm here. It broke the old record of 63 degrees
Post a Comment