9.04.2006

"Crikey!"

This is rather shocking. You really never know when your number is up I suppose. Here's a quote from the article.

"He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart," said Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat at the time.

11 comments:

Phil said...

Pretty freaky...

Kayla said...

Freak accident alright..
Add that to my tag of "things that scare me!"

dot said...

Sad. When you take chances like he did all of the time, your number has a better chance of coming up sooner.

I'll miss him, though.

LindzyPinzy said...

that guy was insane! sad, yes..but bound to happen one day.. with sticking his head in crocs mouths and stuff I'm just surprised he died like that..what a freak accident for sure! He had a little two yr. old too:(

Ill miss the guy too

kat said...

I am sorry this has happened to him but I think it proves you can't keep swimming too close to danger. Sooner or later something will go wrong.

My son has always enjoyed watching this guy.

Rose DesRochers said...

I think I'm the only blogger that has not blogged about his death.

Rose DesRochers said...

PS: It’s been awhile since I’ve commented on your blog, on anyones for that matter. My blog readership has decline too, but I hope my fellow bloggers realize I'm not neglecting them, I'm just busy trying to launch my new blogging community. I will try to drop in when I can. I miss ya.

Phil said...

I hope I die doing something I love to do.

dot said...

the more I think about this, the sadder i get. I really loved that show.

i hope his death video doesn't end up on the Net, but I know it will.

LindzyPinzy said...

true to that Phill I agree. He did die doing what he loved and he was so passionate about it too. and he made a huge difference

Me Myself and I said...

Poor Steve. But seriously, who hugs a stingray?!